Fourth of July greetings to all and welcome back to our friends joining us for our summer worship and activities. Since I am very new to the congregation I recognize faces but not always names and I apologize for that.
Our June minutes and Committee reports are posted on the bulletin board by the kitchen. I invite you to read them.
Financially UCC is doing well and operating slightly ahead of budget. The outlook for the remainder of the year based on the budget is to realize a small surplus ($750) each month.
Paradise Place is doing quite well with several new students enrolling. This is time of year that finances are bit short so they need our support to pick up the slack through these summer months.
Our Congregation is bustling with activity and here are a few items I would like to lift up.
- UCC members have worked over 100 hours on the Habitat House in Gunnison
- Periodic fellowship hiking after Sunday worship
- Weekly worship at 9:00AM with wonderful special music
- Mission Outreach Committee challenges us to ministry projects here in Crested Butte and around the world
- Celebrated confirmation with several of our young people
Monthly women’s group
Future events of the congregation:
- Cave Quest Adventure Camp (Vacation Bible School)
- Youth will be able to attent “NightVision” – a Christian Music Festival on July 16th
- A Beach Day on Blue Mesa for youth on Wednesday, August 17th
- Youth will be attending the UCC National Youth gathering in Orlando Florida
Annual ladies’ luncheon will be July 28th
- Sunday, August 7th the worship will be held jointly in Rainbow Park with Gunnison UCC and let by the Still Speaking Ensemble
- Stewardship Emphasis